Organized Charm: Dream On Wakeup Routine

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Dream On Wakeup Routine


I get asked pretty frequently about my different routines. So I thought I'd start sharing little rundowns of the different ones that I do throughout the days. Starting with (you guessed it) waking up! 

Oh, what's that? You hate mornings?

Believe me, I know how tough they can be! But I've also learned that the way to deal with their tough-ness is with a good, old fashioned routine!


Don't believe me? Just adapt this “Dream On” wakeup routine to fit your own schedule, try it for a few days, and see if it helps! 

From my experience, structure in the morning really has a positive impact on the rest of the day!

If I wake up late, wander around aimlessly for a couple of hours, blah, blah, blah… it’s hard for me to stay going or feel that productivity vibe later on in the day.


Have you had a similar experience?



So, here's a quick run through of my morning routine! 

1 | Wake up with alarm: This is a big one! Waking up on time can make or break your productivity! When the alarm goes off, just jump up before you even have time to think about hitting snooze. I immediately start the coffee!


2 | Make coffee / Brush teeth / Wash face: These are super self-explanatory. On a good morning, I'll do squats or leg lifts while I brush my teeth to make the time go by faster! On a rough morning, I'll sit on the floor and try not to fall back asleep. 


3 | Drink coffee: Please. Just try to stop us.


4 | Read Jesus Calling: I have struggled and struggled to find a way to do a morning devotional. It can be tough to focus in the morning and that's why this book is SO perfect! Each day is only 2 paragraphs and 2 verses... Yes, I CAN do that at 6 AM!


5 | Meditate: I either do 2, 5, or 10 minutes, depending on how much time I have. The Happify app is a great guide through the meditation process, if you're just starting! Ashley Turner (my favorite!) also has one now, too! (Giam I think?)


6 | Happify Activity: So, that brings me to my next activity. The Happify app has tons of fast and free activities and they're the perfect way to start out in a good mood! 1-2 minutes and you're done!


7 | Read The Skimm & Eat Breakfast: The Skimm is just the best! Working with tiny children all day can make it difficult to keep up with news and current events. However, when they're skimmed for me, wittily paraphrased, and sent straight to my inbox, I can catch up in the time it takes me to eat breakfast (which is always greek yogurt and honey, btw)!



So that's how I start my mornings! You can screenshot and use this routine… adapt it into one of your own. Or just laugh at it.

How do you start your day? Is there anything you would like to add or improve about your own routine? What tricks do you use to get going in the morning? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...